Nicolas Tye Architects
Conditions of Appointment
The following standard conditions of contract apply to all work carried out by Nicolas Tye Architects (NTA) unless specifically amended in writing to/by
NTA prior to the commencement of work. The Client is the person, company, authority or other body who instructs NTA to carry out the work. The
contract is between The Client and NTA.
1. NTA will make every effort to meet the programme for the work, but cannot accept any responsibility for delays or
consequential costs howsoever caused.
2. Invoices will be due immediately and no later than 7 days from the date of the invoice. After the 7 day period interest at 15% over base rate
and hourly charges for chasing invoices will be added to the amount owing. We reserve the right to instruct debt collectors/bailiffs to recover
owed funds after 7 days.
3. The scale of charges / hourly rate charges will be reviewed as required. NTA reserves the right to amend these at an interim date should
exceptional circumstances so require, and annually on the 1 January. This may mean that previously fixed priced stages of work may require the
4. In addition to the time charge costs, invoices will include reimbursement costs and expenses associated with the work for travel,
accommodation, subsistence, printing, computing and any other reasonable expenses. VAT will be applied at the standard rate on all invoices.
5. Copyright to all information provided by NTA, remains the property/copyright of NTA. Any license of use to our drawings and information can be
suspended or withdrawn as determined by NTA.
6. Payment of Consultants works are paid and instructed directly to the consultant by the client. Responsibility of these works and consequent
timeframes is with the relevant consultant.
7. Payment of any local authority fees are to be paid directly to the local authority by the client. Responsibility of these works and consequent
timeframes is with the relevant local authority.
8. Chasing of invoices beyond the 7 days payment terms will attract our hourly rates. Charges by other organisations/baliffs/solicitors etc will be
additional charges to be paid directly by the client or will be invoiced through NTA at cost.
9. Digital file drawings/information is owned by NTA and not the client. If DWG/DXF or other information which could be manipulated by others will
only be issued at the discretion of NTA, acceptance of our PI Insurers and will be chargeable (typically at the remaining fee to the entire project
up to construction completion (as listed by Mirza and Nacey or similar).
10. Any difference or dispute will be agreed through arbitration, by a person to be nominated by the Royal Institute of British Architects.
11. Fee terms are only valid for 3 months and if work is on hold/delayed through lengthy appeals etc for more than 6 months in anyone stage NTA
reserve the right to review fee agreements.
12. Exceptional expense charges, for example, large OS mapping etc will be charged in addition to the set percentage charge on expenses.
13. Any work completed outside of working hours of 9.30-6pm will be charged at twice the prevailing hourly rate and added to any fixed priced or
otherwise chargeable work and will be notified to clients for approval prior to commencement.
14. This contract is based on the law of England and Wales it does not confer any rights to anyone other than the parties as us as agents and the
direct client to our fee proposal.
15. This contract is personal to the client noted on the fee proposal and all work and communications shall be for the client benefit names only and
not passed on to any other person/organisation without our consent.
16. NTA has a general lien on all documents, work and communications for which our rendered invoices remain unpaid.
17. NTA has no responsibility where defects in other companies work where NTA attributes a reliance on correct information and as such other
parties or the client will indemnify NTA against this position.
18. Our work is not covered by our PI insurance to include the Council of Mortgage Lenders certificates or other similar type certification.
19. If fees are unpaid beyond their due date then we reserve the right to suspend our services until payment is made with no financial penalty to NTA
of any kind. We reserve the right to be able to withdraw documentation or applications for pre-planning, planning, appeals, building control,
tender or construction through any dispute or non-payment with no financial penalty to NTA of any kind.
20. Should project changes necessitate interim invoicing due to delays to the project then NTA will issue these as required.
21. In the unlikely event that you should wish to terminate work at any point we would cease immediately upon your written instruction and invoice for
the percentage stage works and/or hourly time spent up to that point as determined by NTA.
22. On all projects we reserve the right to take photography of the project through ourselves and/or professional photographers and as clients request
change name and location details of their project on any publicity or marketing.
23. Mileage for all travel relevant to your project will be charged at 90p per mile.
Senior Associate £110
Office Manager £50